Where to start? On Friday Reception ventured out to the Sea Life Centre in Birmingham and what a fantastic day we had! Every single child blew us away with their behaviour on the trip, they were sensible, polite and most of all, enthusiastic! The children were excellent at keeping themselves and each other safe.
When we arrived we saw the penguins, they were making nests on the ice made from rocks. Next we saw the blue tangs, catfish and starfish. There were several interactive experiences throughout where the children could go “underneath” the water, including with the clownfish and sea lions. In the morning, we also saw the stingrays who came right up close to the glass, it looked like they were doing a dance for us which we thought was funny! Before lunch, we watched “Splash and Bubbles” in the 4D cinema.
In the afternoon, two favourites were the ocean tunnel where we came up close with: Black Reef Tip Sharks; Turtles and; Stingrays; and also the jellyfish, they were mesmerising.
After returning back to school on Monday, albeit still exhausted, the children have produced some fantastic pieces of writing about their trip.
We are so proud of each and every one of them, and are looking forward to our next trip out together.
Phase 1 Updates
- Phase 1 Show!!
- Welcome to all our new Reception children!
- Year 1 clown workshop
- Year 1 new outdoor area!
- Year 1 and our wonderful circus workshop!
- Wonderful Warwick castle Trip!
- Reception children visit Year 1 again
- Jeffers Class library slot
- Reception in Year 1!
- Reception Trip to the Sea Life Centre
- Easter Bonnet Fun!!
- ' Jeff-berg Shop!'
- Spring News From Reception
- Year 1 Baking Fun
- Reception Phonics afternoon
- Year 1 Reuse, Reduce, Recycle Workshop
- Reception News!
- Year 1 visit to the Botanic Gardens
- News from Year 1
- Circus Workshop
- What a super start to Year 1