We have had a wonderful day at the Botanic Gardens today. The rain had cleared up by the time we arrived in Leicester and the sun came out as we left the bus and walked through the gates.
We enjoyed looking at the different trees and going on the trails to find out about cacti, evergreen Christmas shrubs and tasting christmas pudding ingredients. We have made a pine cone decoration each which the children will bring home to hang on your tree.
The children's behaviour was fabulous, we were all so proud of them. We walked a lot of steps and were outside most of the day, but all the little faces were happy and smiling from start to finish. The children enjoyed learning more about our topic, the visit really complimented our learning this term and was a lovely link to Christmas too.
Here are some pictures of our day, hope you enjoy looking at them!
Phase 1 Updates
- Chinese New Year in Reception!
- Year 1 trip to the Botanic Gardens in Leicester.
- Phase 1 Show!!
- Welcome to all our new Reception children!
- Year 1 clown workshop
- Year 1 new outdoor area!
- Year 1 and our wonderful circus workshop!
- Wonderful Warwick castle Trip!
- Reception children visit Year 1 again
- Jeffers Class library slot
- Reception in Year 1!
- Reception Trip to the Sea Life Centre
- Easter Bonnet Fun!!
- ' Jeff-berg Shop!'
- Spring News From Reception
- Year 1 Baking Fun
- Reception Phonics afternoon
- Year 1 Reuse, Reduce, Recycle Workshop
- Reception News!
- Year 1 visit to the Botanic Gardens
- News from Year 1
- Circus Workshop
- What a super start to Year 1